Forums > Engine > Rays End Long Road Trip With Thrilling 1
Rays End Long Road Trip With Thrilling 1
Posted: 07 Dec 2022 04:55 UTC  Post #1
lovelystyle
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 216
ANAHEIM, Calif. After consecutive blowout lo ses, the Tampa Bay Rays really needed a big game from Ryan Braun Jersey ace left-hander Shane McClanahan. They got exactly that, and then came up with some extra-inning heroics to beat the Los Angeles Angels 4-2 in 10 innings on WednesdayIt was a nice cap to a succe sful 10-game, 10-day road trip, where the Rays finished 7-3 and left feeling good about winning the best-of-season pitcher's duel between McClanahan, the Rays' Opening Day starter and best pitcher, and Shohei Ohtani, the reigning American League MVP.McClanahan pitched seven scorele s innings, allowing just three hits and striking out a season-high 11 batters to take over the AL lead in punch-outs. He was fabulous, and left with a 1-0 lead. Ohtani pitched six innings and allowed just two hits and one run, a homer by Tampa Bay center fielder Kevin Kiermaier in the second inning.We absolutely pitched well enough to win that game today, but so did they,''Angeles manager It was just a good game of baseball. They beat us fair and square, but I liked the way we got after it again.The Angels ''got after it'' right after McClanahan left. Tampa Bay closer Andrew Kittredge, who's been very good all year but blew a save on Sunday to start this three-game losing streak, got into trouble in the bottom of the eighth.The Rays were up 2-0 when he came if after they added an insurance run in the top or the inning. Taylor Walls walked, stole second, went to third on a sacrifice Milwaukee Brewers Hats bunt by Brett Phillips and then scored on a Yandy Diaz ground ball.But Kittredge got in trouble right away, and the Angels tied the game. He gave up a leadoff single to Jack Mayfield and thenTaylor Ward, who has mi sed two games with hamstring tightne s, laced a pinch-hit, two-run homer to tie the score 2-2 with one out. It was the Angels' first pinch-hit homer since Jared Walsh hit one on Sept. 9, 2019.Scroll to ContinueWhen Kittredge allowed a two-out single, left-handed reliever Colin Poche came on the race Ohtani, a left-handed hitter who hit two homers on Monday. Poche struck him out, and then J.P. Feyereisen pitched a perfect ninth to force extra innings.Vidal Brujan, who was just called up from Durham on Tuesday, led off the top of the 10th with an RBI double to left to score the automatic runner Kiermaier for a 3-2 Rays lead, and thenHarold Ramirez had a pinch-hit RBI single to center for a 4-2 lead.The Angels had runners on first and third in the 10th, but couldn't score against lefty Brooks Raley. He got Ward to hit into a fielders choice and struck out Brandon Marsh to end the game, picking up his third save of the season. Feyereisen got the win, and is now 3-0 on the season.McClanahan now has a league-high 58 strikeouts and his ERA is down to 2.52 after his impre sive performance. He didn't get the victory, but it was a huge team win, capping off a very succe sful 7-3 road trip despite losing three in a row.I felt like I mixed (my pitches) pretty well, he said. Ultimately, I always want to get soft contact and let my defense work, because I cant speak enough C hristian Yelich Jersey about how good that defense is behind me. Lot of great plays.The Rays, who are now 19-13 on the season and four games behind the New York Yankees in the AL East, have the day off and then start a big three-game series against the Toronto Blue Jays this weekend at Tropicana Field.Drew Rasmu sen, who has won his last three starts and allowed just two runs in his last 16 innings, will start for Tampa Bay. The game starts at 7:10 p.m. ET, with games to follow on Saturday night (6:10 p.m.) and Sunday afternoon (1:40 p.m.).Related stories on Rays baseballRAYS GET NO-HIT BY DETMERS (Tuesday):For the sixth time in franchise history, the Tampa Bay Rays got no-hit on Tuesday night. They got blanked by Los Angeles Angels rookie Reid Detmers, who was making his 11th career start and had never pitched longer than six innings before. SUPERSTARS ROUGH UP RAYS (Monday): Shohei Ohtani hit two home runs, including his first profe sional grand slam and Mike Trout and Jared Walsh added homers as the Los Angeles Angels pounded the Tampa Bay Rays 11-3 on Monday night in the first game of their three-game series in Anaheim. RAYS SCHEDULE: Here is the complete 2022 Tampa Bay Rays schedule, with results thus far and dates, locations and gametimes for the rest of the season. CLICK HEREPhoto gallery from Rays-Angels Kevin Kiermaier, Taylor WallsAnaheim, Calif. Tampa Bay Rays center fielder Kevin Kiermaier (39) and shortstop Taylor Walls (6) celebrate the victory against the Los Angeles Angels at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Brooks RaleyAnaheim, Calif. Tampa Bay Rays relief pitcher Brooks Raley (30) throws against the Los Angeles Angels during the tenth inning at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Taylor Walls, Vidal BrujanAnaheim, Calif. Tampa Bay Rays shortstop Taylor Walls (6) and second baseman Vidal Brujan (7) celebrate the victory against the Los Angeles Angels at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Kevin Kiermaier, Randy Arozarena, Harold RamirezAnaheim, Calif. Tampa Bay Rays left fielder Randy Arozarena (56) center fielder Kevin Kiermaier (39) and right fielder Harold Milwaukee Brewers Hoodie Ramirez (43) celebrate the victory against the Los Angeles Angels at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Vidal Brujan, Mike TroutAnaheim, Calif. Los Angeles Angels center fielder Mike Trout (27) is out at second as Tampa Bay Rays second baseman Vidal Brujan (7) is late on the throw to first during the tenth inning at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Yandy DiazAnaheim, Calif. Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Yandy Diaz (2) hits a sacrifice RBI against the Los Angeles Angels during the eighth inning at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Brett PhillipsAnaheim, Calif. Los Angeles Angels relief pitcher Ryan Tepera (52) throws to first for the out against Tampa Bay Rays right fielder Brett Phillips (35) during the eighth inning at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Shohei OhtaniAnaheim, Calif. Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Shohei Ohtani (17) steals second against the Tampa Bay Rays during the fourth inning at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Shane McClanahanAnaheim, Calif. Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Shohei Ohtani (17) steals second against the Tampa Bay Rays during the fourth inning at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Shohei OhtaniAnaheim, Calif. Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Shohei Ohtani (17) throws against the Tampa Bay Rays Mi lwaukee Brewers Jersey during the third inning at Angel Stadium. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports) Kevin KiermaierAnaheim, Calif. Tampa Bay Rays center fielder Kevin Kiermaier (39) jogs the bases after hitting a solo home run against the Los Angeles Angels during the second inning
Posted: 05 Mar 2024 09:05 UTC  Post #2
tafaril745
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 1252
Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing... Kissimmee Pest Control
Posted: 05 Mar 2024 09:07 UTC  Post #3
tafaril745
Deck & Engine
Registered
Why do only so much written on this subject? Here you see more. Orlando Pest Control
Posted: 05 Mar 2024 09:08 UTC  Post #4
tafaril745
Deck & Engine
Registered
Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. Oviedo Pest Control
Posted: 16 Mar 2024 01:01 UTC  Post #5
tafaril745
Deck & Engine
Registered
Your blogs further more each else volume is so entertaining further serviceable It appoints me befall retreat encore. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Tampa Pest Control
Posted: 27 Mar 2024 02:09 UTC  Post #6
jernsws
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 1
Blue WhatsApp plus is a modified version of the original WhatsApp messaging application. It is developed by third-party developers and offers additional features not found in the official WhatsApp. These features include customizable themes, the ability to hide your online status, increased file-sharing limits, and more. whatsapp plus azul
Last edited: 27 Mar 2024 06:10 UTC by jernsws
Posted: 14 Apr 2024 20:19 UTC  Post #7
JonahWills
Deck
Registered
Total Posts: 4
Hotstar is a premier streaming service offering a vast array of entertainment content, including movies, TV shows, and live sports. With its extensive library and user-friendly interface, Hotstar caters to diverse tastes and preferences, providing endless hours of entertainment for viewers worldwide. Whether you're into blockbuster films, binge-worthy series, or thrilling sports events, Hotstar has something for everyone. For more information you can visit: https://hotstarmodapk.net/
Posted: 23 Apr 2024 01:51 UTC  Post #8
tafaril745
Deck & Engine
Registered
Such sites are important because they provide a large dose of useful information ... Virtual CPA Services
1 / 1