Forums > Help > Who are "WE" in USCG Questions?
Who are "WE" in USCG Questions?
Posted: 01 Oct 2012 14:24 UTC  Post #1
jerlands
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 13
Like to know who it is that's developed this site? Any relationship with USCG? Private interest groups or commercial consortium? Just curious in the story..

Thanks,

Jon
Posted: 01 Oct 2012 20:48 UTC  Post #2
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Total Posts: 195
Hi Jon,

Well, my name is Shawn Clark, graduated from Cal Maritime in 2011. I started this site to help myself study for exams based on CG questions and eventually built it up to help myself and classmates study for their licenses. The "we" is myself and two other programmers. They add the functionality to the site and I modify it as needed for style. So, no, there is no direct relationship with the coast guard, just some decky and a couple programmers. Always looking for some help though.
Posted: 02 Oct 2012 02:43 UTC  Post #3
jerlands
Engine
Registered
Thanks... you might include the info in the "About" section as it is interesting.
Posted: 02 Oct 2012 02:45 UTC  Post #4
jerlands
Engine
Registered
BTW.. I like what you've done. very useful.

Jon
Posted: 02 Oct 2012 22:04 UTC  Post #5
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Thanks Jon, glad you like the site. Ive been meaning to update that page, just busy updating everything else. Haha I'll get to it one of these days.
Posted: 29 Oct 2012 19:54 UTC  Post #6
TnT
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 2
Question for anybody...when I take a test on here, how are they generated? Are the tests on here on a par with the actual exams I am studying for? Can I use these tests to gauge my readiness?
Posted: 30 Oct 2012 12:53 UTC  Post #7
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
They are generated based on which tags YOU select. If you don't select any tags, they are randomly selected. This can be helpful for 3rd a/e and c/e exams.
Posted: 30 Oct 2012 13:43 UTC  Post #8
TnT
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 2
ok ty!
1 / 1