Forums > Deck > Rules of the Road: BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND Which vessel would have no white ...
Question #20
Link to Question
BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND Which vessel would have no white lights visible when meeting her head-on?
A) A vessel mineclearing
B) A vessel trawling
C) A vessel not under command
D) A vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver
Posted: 01 Mar 2016 07:15 UTC  Post #1
caaptkeene
Deck & Engine
Total Posts: 17
say what
Posted: 29 May 2016 10:56 UTC  Post #2
tluke@cox.net
Deck
Total Posts: 2
sidelight and stern light only underway
Posted: 14 Sep 2018 14:10 UTC  Post #3
JayhawkNavy02
Deck
Total Posts: 72
This question appears to be wrong. A vessel NUC would have a red over read masthead light in accordance with Rule 27(a)(i). A vessel RAM would have Red, White, Red in accordance with Rule 27(b)(i) Therefore the correct answer is C) not D)
Posted: 12 May 2019 01:42 UTC  Post #4
darkblue
Deck & Engine
Total Posts: 2
I’m more confused after signing up for this site than before. It seems that there are many poorly worded questions and no one to oversee these questions. I think this site is going to do more harm than good.
Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:37 UTC  Post #5
Kmcoming
Deck
Total Posts: 9
Go Rule 27a; there are 2 red vertical lights, side lights, and a stern light; if during the day 2 black balls; head on would show the 2 vertical red lights and both the sidelights; this is for vessel not under command -making way. the answer is C.
Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:06 UTC  Post #6
demonicmariner
Deck
Registered
Total Posts: 1
When a vessel is underway then only she exhibits two red all round lights along with masthead light,otherwise she exhibits only two all round red light where it can be best be seen.
Posted: 27 Aug 2022 14:06 UTC  Post #7
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 6526
Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us Edward Jones Investments
Posted: 27 Aug 2022 14:08 UTC  Post #8
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. Weekend Wiretaps
Posted: 27 Aug 2022 14:10 UTC  Post #9
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. Edward Jones Investments
Posted: 27 Aug 2022 14:12 UTC  Post #10
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. Weekend Wiretaps
1 / 2 Next Last