Forums > Help > Electrical illustration questions.
Electrical illustration questions.
Posted: 11 Dec 2012 03:37 UTC  Post #1
Jksocc10
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 1
Almost all of the electrical illustration questions have the inccorect illustration or are completely missing the illustration.
Posted: 19 Dec 2012 21:07 UTC  Post #2
Gerard
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 3
Just got done taking the electrical exams for my license, most of the questions are not in the reviewers and are here in this website, unfortunately most of the questions diagrams/illustration here (website) are not posted.
Posted: 22 Dec 2012 00:25 UTC  Post #3
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Total Posts: 195
Gerard thanks for taking the time to find the correct illustrations. Updates will be coming in mid January. Still out to sea...
Posted: 21 Jan 2013 19:23 UTC  Post #4
summerjay1000
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 11
Hello Everyone,

I just took the electrical test, unlimited, I scored a 69%. Im studying again foor round 2 when i go back to re-test. ANY LUCK on the new illustrations? Studying the old questions is NOT enough.
thks

Jay Summer
Posted: 30 Jan 2013 23:11 UTC  Post #5
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Jay,

Believe me I understand your frustration.. Unfortunately the U.S. Coast Guard cannot publish the illustration references to the questions even after I've emailed and called several times. I have an inbox of over 300 e-mails from members flagging/asking where the illustrations are. The simple answer is that until the Coast Guard officially releases the illustration references for each questions, we can only assume which illustrations go to which questions.
Posted: 31 Jan 2013 00:35 UTC  Post #6
summerjay1000
Engine
Registered
HI !!! And thanks for the quick reply ! Im studying my butt off, Im gonna go back in 3 weeks and take the elect again. Another Q, should I only studying the new Q, 9/25? or should I review the old questions too? The old test bank had about 980 Q, Of course the new ones got 2299 with dups. I got one more shot or I have to wait 3 months and take all 7 tests again.
Thks again, reply when you get a chance.
Jay
Posted: 31 Jan 2013 01:30 UTC  Post #7
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Jay, I'm assuming your studying for your 3 A/E? I don't really know what to tell you other than, the questions on here are all fair game and are only given to you in a random order. I would check out Lapware.org for a more organized spread of questions. If you would like, I can send you a copy of all the engine illustrations to help you study?
Last edited: 31 Jan 2013 01:31 CST by sclark
Posted: 31 Jan 2013 22:34 UTC  Post #8
summerjay1000
Engine
Registered
Hi,

Im going for my steam, mtr 3 eng unlimited. And I only have the electrical test left. I use this website and seasources. I was told before the old questions would be good enough. But after I failed by one question it was obvious that was incorrect. They changed the wording, had the same questions but with different answers. Of course added all the new questions with new illustrations. Right now Im only reviewing this test bank. Thks again, taking the test at the end of Feb in Long Beach.
Posted: 14 Feb 2013 10:45 UTC  Post #9
Myboystwo
Engine
Registered
Too the people out there for the electrical part of the 3rds unlimited part of the new test you need to just study the questions with the illustrations that dont have the new illustrations with them and just keep going over it and over it you can do it I past it yesterday its hard but do able good luck to everyone safe sailing.
Posted: 15 Feb 2013 12:33 UTC  Post #10
Myboystwo
Engine
Registered
Also on the electrical study all the new questions.... not the old one.
Posted: 15 Feb 2013 20:16 UTC  Post #11
summerjay1000
Engine
Registered
Thanks for the info, taking the electrical test again at the end of the month.
Jay
1 / 3 Next Last