Forums > Help > Forum Tweaks
Forum Tweaks
Posted: 06 May 2012 00:08 UTC  Post #1
borne
Deck
Registered
Total Posts: 5
I recommend doubling or tripling the maximum character limit for thread posts. I've had to truncate and split a few posts already.
Posted: 06 May 2012 01:57 UTC  Post #2
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Total Posts: 195
Yet another thing that got passed up! The comment system was not built for a full fledged forum, so there are going to be a few bugs to work out as we add some features (this being one of them). I've adjusted the limit and you shouldn't have any more problems.
Posted: 06 May 2012 02:03 UTC  Post #3
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
I've also combined your posts into 1, thanks for spotting the problem.
Posted: 06 May 2012 11:42 UTC  Post #4
Mbfay
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 7
Two things that REALLY tweak me off is I can't seem to search by specific CGID number for a question and the infuriating go off on an entirely different branch of questions if the browser BACK button is touched. Please link previous and next question selection in your GUI to the browser back/forward buttons.

Mark Fay
Posted: 06 May 2012 12:01 UTC  Post #5
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Mbfay, searching by CGID shouldn't be that hard to add, I'll look into that this week. Could you be more specific about what happens when you click that back button? Are you just generally browsing a topic (electricity, general subj, etc.) are you browsing a filter (tag), and which mode (study/answers only) are you in when you encounter this problem?
Posted: 06 May 2012 12:16 UTC  Post #6
Mbfay
Engine
Registered
It has happened in other circumstances but todays example was a direct entry from the home page in study mode, engineering safety at the metacentric question mentioned earlier. I had moved on GUI "next question" and changed my mind about not commenting on metacentric and hit browser back not GUI back and the line of question totally went off in the gooney weeds. So I could not add a comment. Fortunately I had my iPhone handy and did a search on metacentric. Narrowed the search to a precise search phrase and entered that in my iPad and was able to get back to it to add my comment.
Posted: 06 May 2012 12:19 UTC  Post #7
Mbfay
Engine
Registered
Just remembered a third annoyance. Searching by illustration doesn't seem possible.
Posted: 06 May 2012 12:48 UTC  Post #8
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Hmm alright, I'll see what we can do about the back button problem (might take a while). As far as the search issues, I'm working on those right now and I'll re-post when I get it straightened out.
Posted: 06 May 2012 13:11 UTC  Post #9
Mbfay
Engine
Registered
Overall putting this whole discipline out on a publicly accessible Internet forum is nothing short of fantastic!!

It gets this previously somewhat cloistered field out to a much broader range of disciplines for peer review, request for comment (RFC), and improvement. In my case I work at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems Division and am a former E-6 Rickover trained Navy nuke. I take my QMED exam the 18th of this month. I have lived on a 44ft sailboat since 1997 and desire my QMED for personal reasons.
Posted: 06 May 2012 14:07 UTC  Post #10
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Thanks, it was created to help me study for my 3rd Mates exam while I was in college. I'm glad you and others have found it helpful, I'm now prepping it to help me for my CM/Capt license in the future!

The other admin (Inigoesdr) will take a look at the search, I couldn't figure it out. haha
Posted: 06 May 2012 14:58 UTC  Post #11
Mbfay
Engine
Registered
Is there any feedback into the CG to act on feedback from here to fix anything?
1 / 3 Next Last