Forums > General Discussion > Suggestions
Suggestions
Posted: 02 Oct 2012 17:17 UTC  Post #1
jerlands
Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 13
I'd like to be able to create a custom test.. from search results and save them for later review. I'd also like it to be able to add additional searches to the test or just be able to tag a question to the test.
Posted: 02 Oct 2012 21:36 UTC  Post #2
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
Total Posts: 195
The custom test idea is still in the initial stages, but I will take your suggestion into consideration next time we update that feature. Thanks
Posted: 03 Oct 2012 01:09 UTC  Post #3
jerlands
Engine
Registered
Also like to be able to edit question comments.. that I create that is:)
Posted: 03 Oct 2012 09:01 UTC  Post #4
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
You should already be able to do this. Just click the edit link in the bar above your comment. Thank you for your donation also!
Posted: 03 Oct 2012 17:03 UTC  Post #5
jerlands
Engine
Registered
Ya know... I've had some rather strange events while using the program.. first.. I now notice the "delete/edit" options on comments where I definitely did not earlier as I searched for a way to remove it. second.. and most disconcerting.. I've had questions come up where I know the correct answer and have it marked as wrong, replay the question and my original answer is now correct. "Engine : Electricity - Question 300" is one example (and this question is presently still open in one browser tab).. I was going to comment but with my prior experience with the program I decided to replay it and low and behold my answer was now correct.. it could have something to do with the way I'm using the program too.. I have several tabs open to the site... I'll search for lets say an illustration and have a number of results.. as I want to review all questions, I have to open each question in a new tab since I don't see any way of saving the results. If I were to simply click on any one of the results the question following it would not be related to my search. So... possibly by having multiple tabs open is somehow a conflict.. I don't know but definitely have had the same question (same CGID) come back with a differently indicated correct answer.
Posted: 03 Oct 2012 17:24 UTC  Post #6
jerlands
Engine
Registered
I've got two images to illustrate the problem. They show my screen and 1.) the program showing the "wrong" answer 2.) the program showing the correct answer. If you like I'll email them to ya.
Posted: 11 Oct 2012 19:46 UTC  Post #7
Admin
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 16
Thats the problem jerlands. You cannot have multiple tabs open at once. By doing so, you're creating multiple sessions and whats happening is the system is giving answers to different questions. At least in 'Study Mode' you will get this issue. If you are in "Answer only mode" this shouldn't be an issue. I've already sent this issue to inigoesdr and I believe he has worked out problem. And I will take note of adding something like this in the future to where people can search and then study those questions they searched.
Posted: 28 Nov 2012 19:05 UTC  Post #8
ryanwood86
Deck
Registered
Total Posts: 1
Have you thought about posting where the answer can be found once someone has answered a question? Regardless if the person got the right answer or not.
Posted: 22 Jan 2013 11:47 UTC  Post #9
rubbercake
Deck
Registered
Total Posts: 1
I would love to see a RoR iPhone app. There is currently an informational one, and there is an exam one but it's $15! Is there anything in the works? Just curious :-)
Posted: 31 Jan 2013 01:33 UTC  Post #10
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
That was mentioned once before here a few years back. I'll have to give that another thought again.
Posted: 18 Jan 2016 08:21 UTC  Post #11
Shawn
Deck & Engine
Expired Member
As of now, no. We are re-developing the site for mobile devices, I will add this feature to the list.
1 / 5 Next Last