Forums > Engine > Indians Manager Terry Francona Reveals T
Indians Manager Terry Francona Reveals T
Posted: 07 Dec 2022 05:07 UTC  Post #1
lovelystyle
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 216
Terry Francona has had a rough year plus simply trying to do what he does best, which is manage the Cleveland Indians.Last season Francona was only healthy enough to manage in 14 of the team's 62 games due togastrointestinal procedures and blood clots that put him in the ICU more than once. Mikko Rantanen Jersey Now Francona is looking forward to a healthy 2021, but before he can get there he's got to deal with yet another health i sue - a staph infection in his left big toe.Friday in Goodyear, AZ Francona told reporters over zoom thathe underwent surgery in January to addre s the staph infection, and that he's still recovering.The 61-year-old was in the Semyon Varlamov Jersey hospital for 10 days following the surgery, and for the moment remains on crutches as the team starts to welcome players Patrick Roy Jersey for spring training.Francona is stillgetting antibiotics through an IV in his arm. He said hell continue to need medication through the first week in March.The manager saidhe was being treated for gout this winter when doctors first discovered the staph infection in his toe.Scroll to ContinueThis past Rene Bourque Jersey offseason the manager did what he could to get healthy, trying to put a tough 2020 season health wise behind him.He worked with a personal trainer most of the offseason until the infection put him back on the sidelines.Francona did contemplate walking away from the game and retiring, but worked hard to get back to health for the grind of the upcoming 162-game season."I still have my toe," Francona said to reporters."They just went in and took out some of the bone that was infected and they replaced that with some cement. I gue s the cement oozes like antibiotics and I'm Joe Sakic Jersey also getting the IV antibiotics."
1 / 1