Forums > Deck > Rules of the Road: BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND Which vessel(s) is required to sound ...
Question #1862
Link to Question
BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND Which vessel(s) is required to sound a fog signal of one prolonged followed by two short blasts?
A) A vessel not under command
B) A vessel restricted in its ability to maneuver, at anchor
C) A sailing vessel underway
D) All of the above
Posted: 21 Oct 2016 04:03 UTC  Post #1
semicolonsutra
Deck
Total Posts: 17
This is, as far as I can tell, wrong. Rule 35 (c)

(c) A vessel not under command, a vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver, a vessel constrained by her draft, a sailing vessel, a vessel engaged in fishing and a vessel engaged in towing or pushing another vessel shall, instead of the signals prescribed in paragraphs (a) or (b) of this Rule, sound at intervals of not more than 2 minutes three blasts in succession, namely one prolonged followed by two short blasts.

Posted: 04 Jan 2018 08:41 UTC  Post #2
lbayard
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 8
It`s right, exactly because 35 (c)
Posted: 16 Sep 2018 17:12 UTC  Post #3
Gs11gk
Deck
Total Posts: 4
35(d) addresses the situation described in choice B.
Posted: 26 Oct 2021 13:18 UTC  Post #4
captainchipship69
Deck
Total Posts: 20
Well all those vessels sound the same signal so you figure it out from there difficult if you read the book
Posted: 19 May 2022 02:03 UTC  Post #5
motorboat mike
Deck & Engine
Total Posts: 1
How is it that a NUC vessel at anchor is making fog signals on it horn rather than bell and gong?
Posted: 18 Aug 2022 07:33 UTC  Post #6
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 6526
I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Digital Real Estate Business
Posted: 18 Aug 2022 07:43 UTC  Post #7
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog! online business
Posted: 18 Aug 2022 07:43 UTC  Post #8
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Excellent effort to make this blog more wonderful and attractive. Digital Real Estate Business
Posted: 18 Aug 2022 07:46 UTC  Post #9
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. Digital Real Estate Business
Posted: 18 Aug 2022 07:50 UTC  Post #10
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. Digital Real Estate Business
1 / 3 Next Last