Forums > Deck > Rules of the Road: BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND Which statement is TRUE concerning risk ...
Question #656
Link to Question
BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND Which statement is TRUE concerning risk of collision?
A) Proper use shall be made of radar equipment to determine risk of collision.
B) Risk of collision must be determined before any action can be taken by a vessel.
C) Risk of collision exists if the vessels will pass within half a mile of each other.
D) Risk of collision never exists if the compass bearing of the other vessel is changing.
Posted: 30 Jul 2016 16:47 UTC  Post #1
dmclrichardson
Deck
Expired Member
Total Posts: 10
radar equipment
Posted: 18 Jan 2018 21:25 UTC  Post #2
blainevictorwelker
Deck
Expired Member
Total Posts: 7
assuming all vessel's possess radar equipment, which isn't always the case. Risk of collision is an assessment. Such as use radar or a look-out observation to assess is if bearing and range is changing or not...
Posted: 28 Feb 2018 23:34 UTC  Post #3
ElJefe
Deck
Total Posts: 8
Bad Question. I agree with Blaine’s comment.
Posted: 10 Jul 2018 10:08 UTC  Post #4
PHILIPEVIANA
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 9
I also agree with Blaine. This question is not right at all.
Posted: 05 Sep 2018 19:17 UTC  Post #5
JayhawkNavy02
Deck
Total Posts: 72
@PHILIPEVIANA/ELJEFE/BLAINEVICTORWELKER,

The question is fine.

B is incorrect because of Rule 7(a)
C is incorrect because a distance is not specified in the Rules
D is incorrect because risk of collision can exist even if the bearing changes. Rule 7(ii)

That leaves "A" and you can reference Rule 7(b)
"Proper use shall be made of radar equipment if fitted and operational, including long-range scanning to obtain early warning of risk of collision..."

Posted: 17 Aug 2022 15:53 UTC  Post #6
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 6526
I have been searching to find a comfort or effective procedure to complete this process and I think this is the most suitable way to do it effectively. Orange Aura: What Is It & What It Means
Posted: 17 Aug 2022 15:53 UTC  Post #7
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Law of Attraction: What Is It & How To Use It?
Posted: 17 Aug 2022 15:57 UTC  Post #8
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
This is a fantastic website , thanks for sharing. Orange Aura: What Is It & What It Means
Posted: 17 Aug 2022 15:57 UTC  Post #9
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks What Is Fear of Rejection & How Could It Affect You?
Posted: 17 Aug 2022 16:00 UTC  Post #10
Easton
Deck & Engine
Registered
wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. What Is Fear of Rejection & How Could It Affect You?
1 / 5 Next Last