Forums > Deck > Rules of the Road: BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND A vessel is displaying ONLY the ...
Question #1616
Link to Question
BOTH INTERNATIONAL & INLAND A vessel is displaying ONLY the lights shown in illustration D045RR below. What type of vessel could this be?
A) vessel engaged in dredging at anchor with an obstruction on one side
B) vessel aground less than 50 meters
C) pilot vessel less than 50 meters, underway and NOT engaged on pilotage duty
D) vessel engaged in fishing
Posted: 07 Jan 2016 16:17 UTC  Post #1
Joel.Stoorza
Deck
Total Posts: 3
What? Look at page 88 of the navigation rules. "(b) A pilot vessel when not engaged in pilot duty shall exhibit the lights or shapes prescribed for a similar vessel of her length." If she is showing white over red than she is on duty. Who is writing these rules? This is not the first one that I have seen that is incorrect.
Posted: 17 Dec 2016 20:12 UTC  Post #2
BOBAGRA
Deck
Total Posts: 2
I selected C, however as mentioned by the above comment, Rule 29, page 88 states that "A pilot vessel when not engaged on pilotage duty shall exhibit the lights or shapes prescribed for a similar vessel of her length". Therefore, there is no correct answer to choose from.
Posted: 17 Oct 2017 23:59 UTC  Post #3
garester
Deck & Engine
Total Posts: 2
white over red, pilot ahead
Posted: 24 Sep 2019 13:31 UTC  Post #4
rjs051
Deck
Expired Member
Total Posts: 1
It's a mast headlight over a side light.
Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:25 UTC  Post #5
B-Rad
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 4
yes, A,B,D would have more lights, so you have to eliminate them, now that is a trick question
Posted: 16 Mar 2021 14:24 UTC  Post #6
nathandetgen
Deck
Expired Member
Total Posts: 3
Pilot vessel not on duty would show the lights of a PDV. So she would show a masthead light, sidelights, and stern light. Looking at her port side you would see the masthead light above the sidelight. Tricky question, but it is correct.
Posted: 19 Dec 2023 05:05 UTC  Post #7
hammad003
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 295
I have seen some great stuff here. Worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website. Your work is truly appreciated around the clock and the globe. where you can purchase nembutal pills online
Posted: 20 Dec 2023 01:54 UTC  Post #8
timothyferriss
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 4
The lights shown in illustration D045RR depict a red light over a white light in a vertical retro bowl line. This configuration typically signifies a vessel engaged in fishing. So, the correct answer would be D) vessel engaged in fishing.
Last edited: 20 Dec 2023 06:54 UTC by timothyferriss
Posted: 23 Dec 2023 04:00 UTC  Post #9
hammad003
Deck & Engine
Registered
Thank you for this fascinating post, I am happy I observed this website on Google. Not just content, in fact, the whole site is fantastic. Tree Service
Posted: 28 Dec 2023 02:57 UTC  Post #10
hammad003
Deck & Engine
Registered
Your blog is too much amazing. I have found with ease what I was looking. Moreover, the content quality is awesome. Thanks for the nudge! potupdate09.blogspot.com
1 / 2 Next Last